The Forum will be followed by a networking lunch and b2b meetings between Luxembourgish and Sri Lankan companies to be scheduled to take place in the afternoon.Sri Lanka is a lower middle-income country of 21 million people. Since the civil war ended in 2009, the economy has grown on average at a rate of 5.8% a year, reflecting a peace dividend and a commitment to reconstruction and growth. The country is now transitioning from a predominantly rural-based economy towards a more urbanised economy oriented around manufacturing and services. Furthermore, Sri Lanka has made significant progress in its socio-economic and human development indicators. Social indicators rank among the highest in South Asia and compare favourably with those in middle-income countries.
This event will be enhanced by the presence of H.E. Rodney M. Perera, Ambassador of Sri Lanka to Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union, and will present business opportunities in Sri Lanka for Luxembourgish companies, tips on the cultural and business approach and a testimonial of a Luxembourgish company successfully operating in Sri Lanka.
• ICT/ BPO (IT support Services, outsourcing, customer support, call center operations, human resources and payroll software, IoT, etc.);
• Rubber products (solid tyres, pneumatic tyres, rubber compounds, tyre retreading and retreading materials & auxiliary molded rubber products);
• Apparel (woven/knit, jackets, pants, socks, hospitality wear, scrub suits, uniforms, bed linen, kitchen towels, designing inputs, etc.);
• Cosmetic Products (Coconut/Black seed/Herbal/Ayurveda);
• Confectionary, Tea, Spices and Seafood;
• Hotel/Spa and Resort Services/Wellness Tourism;
• Boat (Manufacturers of fibre glass fishing vessels, trailer cover, trawlers, life boats, surveillance vessels, fast motor boats, passenger crafts, catamarans, pleasure boats, yachts and floating restaurants, snow sleds, repairs to boats).
This event is free of charge and open to all sectors. For further information about this upcoming event, contact the International Affairs team (Contact persons Sabrina Aksil/Na Shi, tel 423939-364/374/310; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Chambre de Commerce (7 rue Alcide de Gasperi, Luxembourg-Kirchberg)
Organiser: Luxembourg Chambre de Commerce
Reservations: email: email@example.com