Details: Chronicle.lu is delighted to announce the second event of its Wine Club with a tasting after work on Monday 1 October from 18:00 at the mélange Meeting Point at 1 Rue Nennig (opposite Dommeldange train station).
Orgainised in conjunction with Le Caviste, the event is being held in support of the Schengen Peace Foundation which organises the annual World Peace Forum.
The Rhone Wine Tasting will see Gijs Akkerman from Le Caviste lead us on a journey across the beautiful Rhone Valley, explaining about the various grapes varieties, climates and winemakers. In the process you will be tasting the differences between the wines from the northern Rhone and southern Rhone. It will include highly acclaimed small producers such as Natacha Chave (Crozes Hermitage), Alain Paret (Condrieu), Michele Aubery-Laurant (Cotes du Rhone) George Perrot, Rasteau.
You will get the opportunity to order the wines that you taste – part of the profits will go towards the Schengen Peace Foundation and its World Peace Forum Education Programmes. The World Peace Forum in Schengen: www.WorldPeaceForum.org
Wine Tasting List
• Domaine la Colliere, Cotes du Rhone Blanc 2011
• Domaine Gramenon ' Vie On Y Est' 2011
• Domaine Alain Paret, Cotes du Rhone Blanc 2011
• Domaine Alain Paret, Condrieu. Lys de Volan 2011
• Domaine Natacha Chave, Crozes Hermitage 'Aleofane' 2011
• Domaine la Colliere, Rasteau 2010
• Domaine Gramenon, Cotes du Rhone Villages ' Laurentides' 2011
• Domaine Gramenon, Cotes du Rhone Villages ' l'Elémentaire' 2011
Venue: mélange Meeting Point, 1 Rue Nennig (opposite Dommeldange train station)
Price: 30€, payable at the door
Info: To ensure your place at the French Wine Tasting on 1 October at the mélange Meeting Point, please confirm your attendance by email: geoff@Chronicle.lu by Thursday 27 September. Entry: €30, payable at the door. A no-show policy will be enforced.